Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"Eyes for the Faithless" by Troy Capers

Okay, so I have been writing some songs recently and I'd like you guys to check them out. here's the first one I wrote a little while ago

(verse 1)
I see
burning buildings borken hearts
pain, sin, death
too much I'm running out of breath
some one save me
my eyes my eyes
are killing me

(chorus 1)
Take these eyes, and take this body
O lord give me something worth seeing
so clouded my eyes with this world
my heart is bleeding for something more

(verse 2)
I want
to be strong, fulfill my purpose and be
everything and anything you could need
but Lord save me
my mind, my mind
Is killing me

(Chorus 2)
Take this mind and take this body
make me something worth being
so clouded my mind with my thoughts
my heart is pleading
for something more

(these next two parts are sung/spoken together)

(talky part)Only when my eyes are closed do i truly see you
Only when my thoughts stop does my mind truly work
for those who see and are blind
and think but cannot understand
I say I sing I scream

the lord is the only one who can save youfrom sins of this world
cuz all alone you are DEAD

(singy part)
i wish i could be
everything i nedd
to be what you desire
but lord O lord
why must i see

(chorus 1 and 2)

1 comment:

Emily Elizabeth said...

You have talent up and down the wall, Troy! I so want to hear these amazing words sang in front of a cloud for everyone to hear! My dear friend... wow.