Sunday, March 23, 2008

Strength Through Struggle:Relationships

I'm not going to lie to you, so far this year I have had four girlfriends. And if you've ever seen me, you know I'm not some mac-daddy or anything. The reason it seems that I'm flying through girlfriends is a lack of focus on my relationship with God which has to come first before any other relationship can work. When I was with my third girlfriend I acknowledged this and our relationship was all good. But then I was afraid that a deep relationship with God would take away from my relationship with her and after doing this I became selfish. I wanted more time, more hugs, more kisses and the relationship fell apart after that. I was afraid that my relationship with God would dilute my relationship with my girlfriend and now that God is the focus in my current relationship, I've realised that as a Christian I can't have a good relationship with a girl until I have a relationship with my Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

Emily Elizabeth said...

I know exactly where you're coming from this, Troy. I have stuggled with that before but coming back to God makes my relationship with Michael stronger. We only stay together because of God. The next time you start a relationship, have God come first and think of Him always.